1 min read
The Pirate Metrics model (AARRR) is so named because it consists of 5 stages that make up the user lifecycle:
- Acquisition: You acquire the user: from various channels.
- Activation: Your user tries and enjoys their first visit to your site - happy user!
- Retention: The user continues to use visit your site, indicating they like your site.
- Referral: The user likes your site and refers others to the site.
- Revenue: Users conduct some monetization behaviour (or goal completion)
Watch Dave McClures video from the Seattle Ignite talk on Startup Metrics for Pirates:
Or view the presentation.