Useful writing tips from Nivi
Here’s what I send my friends when they ask for writing tips:
- Writing is a customer service problem.
- Pretend you’re sending an email.
- Sum it up in a tweet.
- Read it on your phone.
- Don’t write your thought process.
- Start with a summary.
- Writing is rewriting.
- Delete half the words.
- Avoid adjectives.
- Scrutinize every word for bias.
- Kill your darlings.
- Use persuasion checklists.
- Skim Strunk & White.
- Break the rules once you learn the rules.
- Writing is a design problem.